About once a month I volunteer at the local C.G. Jung Society Library. In exchange for my time here, I get a key. That key allows me to get in to the library anytime the building is open. The library is only open three hours a week on Saturdays, so the key is quite handy. If I am writing a paper and need a copy of a particular book, I can always drive over here and have the book I need in about 15 minutes. Considering the books I often need are rather obscure, it is quite helpful to have access to the books in this library. The library itself is a lovely little space in an an old school building, which is now the Good Shepherd Center. There are a few hundred books and almost all of them are relevant to Jungian psychology (I can see The Idiot's Guide to Dream Interpretation from where I sit, so there are some exceptions).
Today I spent my time shelving books and tidying. I actually tidied quite a lot and am concerned that they won't be able to find anything now, but I couldn't help myself! Stop by if you ever find youself in Wallingford on a Saturday afternoon.

No comments:
Post a Comment