Monday, October 03, 2005

portrait of the student

I returned from my school weekend late last night. Thus, no blog for the last few days. I am now in my second year and the tone has definitely changed. Classes are longer, more intense, breaks are fewer and the reading is much denser. We all seemed to be behind and overwhelmed at times. Knowing how it is to be, I am going to begin working harder on reading well in advance. I think I can handle it fine, but do have to change my tone to match what we are seeing now.

While in the library on Saturday evening, I had a nice chat with library staffers Diana and Ryan. We ended up drawing portraits of one another. After I presented Ryan with his portrait, he said I made him look like he was five. He quickly followed his comment with the fact that he liked that. His portrait of me (above) captured my tired eyes, but I only wish my hair were as wild as all that. The school library is always a wonderful place. Aside from being where all the books are kept, the people there are just wonderful. I forgot to pay them for some copies after swearing before Lesley and God and everyone that I would remember to come back and do so. I'll have to mail them a quarter.

No comments: