I can't find my dental floss in any store and it is driving me crazy. I don't ask for much. I use Wild String cherry berry and have been using it for years. It is suddenly unavailable and I fear it's been discontinued. I find that I am fiercely loyal to certain products and couldn't care less about others. Hair and mouth stuff seem to carry the highest level of importance to me. Colgate original flavor toothpaste followed by the berry fluoride toothpaste from the dentist. Aussie shampoo and conditioner. Either Aveda or, when Summer gives it to me, Phyto for styling. Lady Speed Stick, pink. But soap? I haven't bought a bar of soap for myself in more than 15 years. I have a hookup from Nan Marie the flight attendant. She's kept me in soap my whole adult life. Tide for laundry. Coke, NOT Pepsi. But I don't care about brands with most foods. And I really don't care whether something is plain wrap or the brand in most cases.
Marketing? I don't have a TV and read very little print advertising. I think I find something I like and stick with it. Why change if it is the best dental floss in the world? Seeing as I'm not a big fan of mint, I am delighted with cherry berry floss. These silly things bring a sense of predictability and stability to my world. I may not know what is going to attack me at work or what will visit me in my dreams, but I damn well know what my hair will smell like tomorrow. Now that is something on which to rest my hat....
Friday, October 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment