Wednesday, October 26, 2005

oh, deer

Today while looking out the window of my internship site, I saw a deer walking down the middle of the street. I was completely enthralled and walked along, watching the cars carefully drive around her, though without paying her much attention. They were probably more taken with the city girl who was watching the deer so intently. Concerned she might be hit by a car, I actually muttered, "Oh, dear" under my breath. :)

She was beautiful, graceful, and seemed right at home on this two-laned Port Townsend road. It seems that they wander around PT just as squirrels do in Ballard. Well, the deer don't climb trees and jump from the roof to the telephone pole, but you get the idea. They also chomp on the flowers in the yards and many PTers don't take as kindly to them as me. I suppose that I look at it a bit differently, though. I figure that she is probably wondering why they built all these houses on her property, actually. I felt downright lucky to glimpse her today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool! I love deer, they're so peaceful and elegant.