
I am reading — for the millionth time — Harriet the Spy. This was my favorite books as a child and is still one of my favorites. My childhood copy was lost, but I bought the exact edition a few years ago and it is a good "as if" replica. I know what comes next. I know what parts are tense. I know where Harriet is the hero and where she will be found out. And I love it.
Quite simply, if you have not read it, do so. It is well written and has a great storyline. The humor is dry and sarcastic, which can't be beat. And Harriet is just too cool for words. You'll be eating tomato sandwiches and carrying a notebook by the time you are done with it.

1 comment:
Ah! I've forgotten about Harriet the Spy!
That was truly a childhood staple book...along with Matilda.
Good reading!
Post a Comment