My criteria for what needs to be cleaned and what needs some attention has changed dramatically over the last month. The first year in school I managed to keep up with keeping my home in order fairly well, but alas, with work, school and the internship...things are changing. My new rules for domestic duties:
1. Take out trash only if overflowing
2. Vacuum the carpet if the cat rolls around on the floor and comes up with lint flecks over at least two-thirds of her body
3. Water plants if they are brown
4. Run dishwasher only if out of crucial items such as spoons or bowls (yes, perhaps I DO have cereal for dinner every now and then)
5. Dust only when OCD nature kicks in and requires it
6. Clean bathroom mirror only when toothpaste splotches on the mirror are mistaken for a rare form of chin cancer
7. Make bed when calendar rolls over to May 2007
It is fairly easy to track. It is all quite reactive and I'm not home enough to actually worry about my home becoming a pig sty. On the flip side, I manage to keep my desk at work in order. And my school books, while covering the entire dining room table, are in neat piles. So, I haven't lost my touch entirely. When I finish school I intended to spend a week sleeping and the next week cleaning. Then, I'll figure out what to do with the rest of my life.
Thursday, September 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You are SO funny and right on the mark!
My philosophy too. The cleaning will only need do again next week so why not save it up until then, or maybe the week after
Post a Comment