As of late, I've been reading a lot of trauma literature. It is amazing what the mind accommodates when it has been put through the wringer in childhood. Basically, the psyche perpetuates the cycle of trauma by inflicting trauma internally with internal nastiness--you know, those teethy things we all tell ourselves. It brutalizes a person over time. And that trauma can be either a single instance or cumulative. A daily tongue-lashing is enough to do it. Sorry...I will think of nicer things to write about in the future. I don't mean this to be the blog of gloom and doom.
It has just occurred to me that creating a blog may just be a clever way of avoiding homework. That is what we call resistance, folks. Isn't this fun? And speaking of school, the goddess on my left can be found on the lovely grounds of Pacifica Graduate Institute, where I go to grad school. Pretty, huh? I have about two weeks to do hundreds of pages of reading. I keep telling myself that it will all get done somehow, but I don't know if that is actually true. It is fun to think so, though. Perhaps I can get a few of my friends to read the books for me and provide a brief summary. Let me know if you are interested. I have some really exciting stuff to offer up. Hee.

4 comments:
hee hee, well you're sending me off to bed with good thoughts of you, you can always make me laugh, even in a blog :)
So, I have spent the past few months trying to figure out just what a "blog" is. Can someone explain, though I certainly DID enjoy reading this, Jennifer!
Creating a blog is a clever way of avoiding all work! Especially because the act of blogging can be strong rationalization for those of us who find writing (and not the silly kind I do for work) to be an important part of our lives.
Not that I blog at work, but I think a lot about it.
Hi pseyler.
I was just trying out Google's new blog search tool and your site came up in a search for "Pacifica Graduate Institute".
Nice photo of Kuan Yin.
Do you know of other Pacifica bloggers?
I would be interesting to round them all up.
Mark (Pacifica librarian)
Post a Comment