Today I am going to look at a house on Bainbridge Island. It is a small house for rent and I figure I have to at least have a look at it. Usually Bainbridge is a place to move when you have more money, not less, but in this case, this move would save me a few hundred dollars a month and get me back into a house, which I miss. It would also take me further away from my friends which I am not excited about, but I don't have much time to see anyone these days anyway. It would just turn those rare occasions into an event rather than a quick walk around Greenlake. But it has a garden, patio, a couple of acres of land, a hot tub and a root cellar. Who wouldn't want to have a root cellar?I am loathe to move. I have been in my current place for more than five years. This is the longest I have lived in any one place in my life. I have lived in the following places (by street): Malvern, Whiting, Gilbert, Arden, 15th, Heather, Whitworth, Wiclefstrasse, Nestorstrasse, Stefanstrasse, Regensburgerstrasse, Eisenacherstrasse, 80th, Lake Samammish, 19th, and finally, 52nd. There were a few short-term stays with various people in between at three or four locations as well. Good grief. I am good at packing at least and am lean in terms of personal possessions. I don't have any superfluous stuff just hanging around. If I purge my filing cabinet, I am in good shape. I may not even like the place but if I do, I may have to take it.

2 comments:
i'll help you move, if i can live in your hot tub.
you'd have to live in the hot tub...it is the only place with room for any of us. the guy told me that it seats eight.
Post a Comment