I got a roll of pictures back today and every one of them was blue. Not just a little bit blue, but it was as if I had a blue filter on my camera. They were indoor shots with the flash and I wonder whether I had something on my settings off. I use a manual camera, which I generally love, but every once in a while, it comes back to bite me. About ten years ago, my friend Emily was moving to Seattle from northern California. She had a disposable camera to use on the trip and I insisted that we use my manual camera, since it took much better photos. Well, my wonderful camera did not advance the film properly, so we had a whole roll of black. It was awful. We had taken wonderful pictures of a mementous trip and have nothing to show for it. I have never argued with a disposable camera again.
And so I have my second roll of ruined pictures. Fortunately they were pictures that I can easily retake, once I figure out what was going on with the camera. And at least it only happens every ten years. I can live with that.

3 comments:
Loosing photos is extremely frustrating. I recently lost a roll from Morocco, camel rides and bazaar bargaining all gone. Lost another roll a couple years ago in Kutna Hora, Czeck Republic, fortunately Jason had duplicates of the set he had taken. I’d like to have two cameras to travel with, one digital and one film.
ugh. Thats annoying! Sorry for the lost pics! Hope you have better luck with future cameras!
Thanks for the tip, Chirs. I think that it was in the camera...the negatives were blue, too. I took a bunch of photos at school this weekend so hopefully they came out ok.
Post a Comment