Saturday, November 12, 2005

rerun

I was back at the Jung Society Library today. Apparently I am the only volunteer who is dependable and always shows up, so they have been asking me to come a lot lately. I enjoy being there and always get some reading or writing done, so it is a pleasure. Today there was a workshop down the hall and so I had a lot of foot traffic. I always feel like such a voyeur when checking out books to people. I try to avert my eyes from the titles. I feel like I'm picking through their personal belongings. I love that the public library has a self checkout so I don't have to hand over my books to a stranger to look through. Yes, I do consider myself a private person, in case you were wondering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never thought about that! The library person can see everything you're interested in reading...I suddenly feel violated.