Sunday, November 13, 2005

the scrabble bug

For the last couple of years, I have been playing Scrabble online thanks to my Grandma. She introduced me to the site and I've been playing ever since. It is a great little site, created by a man in the midwest. He wanted to have a way to help stay connected to his father and to help him pass the time while he was terminally ill a number of years ago. So, he developed the site. After his father died, he decided to enhance it and open it up to the public so everyone would be able to enjoy it. He thought it would help others stay connected with family and friends who lived apart. He was right.

In short, after you set up the game, you can play a turn and write a message to your partner. That person then receives an email that says that it is his or her turn. Your partner goes to the Web site and does the same. It is passed back and forth until the game is complete. It has a bit of a "cheat" built in &mdash there is a dictionary that will let you know when you place a word that doesn't exist. You can find the Scrabble Bug Cafe here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And we DO have fun doing this, don't we?

Anonymous said...

Oh man... Im going to get hooked.

-Cool to know I was in your town a few days ago! PS- your traffic cops are mean. ha.

Anonymous said...

Ah,online scrabble my beloved past-time, how often I was trounced by you and April...grrr, but I did manage to win a few. BTW Happy belated B-Day!