Wednesday, July 12, 2006

the p is silent

I've recently had a couple of inquiries about my blog name and so I thought I would clear up the mystery. When I began graduate school, my friend April's (survival and bliss) husband, Jason, began referring to me as pseyler, with a silent p. He wanted to get me a personalized license plate. You know, like psychology. Psyche. Psycho...wait, I don't think he meant psycho. In any case, I dug it and it stuck.

6 comments:

Uneasy Rhetoric said...

Good thing we aren't speaking in French. Then your p wouldn't be silent anymore.

Jennifer said...

I beg your pardon! :)

april said...

i can't believe you left out the 'battlestar galactica' reference.

Jennifer said...

oh, damn...I don't remember!

Sheila Khan said...

This reminds of a favourite saying of mine when I was young(er). The "P" is silent, as in bath!

Anonymous said...

Don't know why my son's name Imran appeared there but it should have been Sheila lol I will look into it and change it. Looked at some of your blog, it is fun and will continue later ;-)