Friday, July 07, 2006

lightweight

Ok, sometimes I feel really clever. You all know that I ride my bike to work daily. In addition, I am working to get the weight I carry with me down to a bare minimum. Necessities: work clothes and shoes, keys, wallet, cell phone, calendar, various just-in-case meds, fountain pen, pencil, keycard, breakfast and lunch, and lipstick. I am not especially vain, but I don't really like to go much of anywhere without lipstick. And, up until now, I've also brought a mirror. Lipstick without a mirror isn't much good. But, I just realized that I don't need a mirror anymore. My cell phone has a built-in video camera with a screen that faces the user. Just turning it on projects the user's image toward the user. Instant mirror. Isn't that fabulous?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laurie got offended that I used the word "puke." But to me, that's what her dinner tasted like.


And thats why Spokane is better.

Anonymous said...

I too am getting used to this 'commuting with the minimum' basically its whatever I can cram into various 'tote bags'... but that is indeed a good point with the cell phone 'mirror'.... You get 'crafty points' from me...though not redeemable for cash, 'crafty points' are good to have around.

:-)

Jennifer said...

I'll take all the crafty points I can get! :)

Uneasy Rhetoric said...

That's so technophile I can't believe it. And really, given that you're carrying a change of clothes, I'm sure you can be forgiven for the extra 1.3 oz or whatever it is for the lipstick!

Jennifer said...

Yes, but I do use a fountain pen, so not all hope is lost.