Tuesday, July 18, 2006

do the szablog shuffle

April inspired me to create a list of the first lines from the ten songs that pop up in my iPod when it is set on shuffle. The first song already has me excited about this little venture:

1. Mott the Hoople and the game of life, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah (REM, Man on the Moon)
2. For millions of years, in millions of homes, a man loved a woman, a child it was born (Talking Heads, Like Humans Do)
3. You leave your home for days and days and I know, said I know (Moby, Another Woman)
4. I am holding half an acre torn from the map of Michigan (Hem, Half Acre)
5. My sisters and I have one wish before we die and it may sound strange as if our minds are deranged (Police, Tea in the Sahara)
6. I knew a girl named Nikki (Prince, Darling Nikki)
7. As you brush your shoes and stand before the mirror (Van Morrison, Wild Night)
8. Instrumental: Concerto for Harpsichord, Strings and Basso continuo in D minor, BWV 1052 (Bach)
9. I saw a rainbow just earlier today (Macy Gray, A Moment to Myself)
10. Instrumental: Daily Bread (The Gits)

I have some seriously good taste in music, if I do say so myself.

2 comments:

april said...

i'm protesting the incomplete nature of #6. =)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your taste is great but the only artists I recognize are Prince and Macy Gray. Oh, my! What does that say about me?