
A friend of mine with the initials of Sandra Burns recently confessed that her shame band of choice was Air Supply. I mean, she really digs Air Supply. You can stop her cold simply by calling up and saying into the phone, "I just wanted to let you know that I'm all out of love, I'm so lost with you." It works every time.
This sent us on the shame-band trajectory and I came to realize two things. First, just about everyone has one. Second, about half of the music I really like fits into this category. I don't know where to start. Neil Diamond, Rick Springfield, Falco, Madonna, Eminem, Van Halen, George Michael, Culture Club, Billy Idol and the list goes on. Mind you, these aren't necessarily my favorite bands, but I can say that I like them enough to own their music on CD.
Pray tell, what about you?

9 comments:
i'll post for my husband, who will argue vehemently for the likes of george michael, culture club and....the diamond.
good lord.
I think you forgot to mention Duran Duran!!
I like ABBA.
kool and the gang
I must admit my guilt to nearly every 'classic' 80's band, including the likes of WHAM! Air Supply, Rick Springfield, Journey (Don't stop believin!) And the ever classic 'Walk Like an Egyptian' by the Bangles.
Classics. Classics.
Wake me up, before you go go...
SHAME???!!! What's shameful about ANY of those picks?!
Oh, no...if you can't even see the shame, you are doomed. Doomed, I say, doomed!
Duran Duran RULES! :)
Tom Jones, HA!
While in the cat food aisle in Safeway this evening, I looked up to see that a woman was staring at me. This led me to the realization that I was singing aloud to the REO Speedwagon song (Keep On Loving You) that was piped in throughout the store. She was probably thinking that I own 45 cats and wear slippers most of the time.
Post a Comment