Sounds like a prison sentence? Well, we are on our 27th consecutive day of rain. While it hasn't begun raining yet today, I will probably not have to print a retraction. It is so interesting to see how Seattlites react to the rain. Most of us go without an umbrella at least half the time, especially when walking busy downtown sidewalks. We can drive in the rain. Most of us don't complain about it much, but those of us who do complain, complain a lot. It doesn't really create a stir in me. I don't mind the rain, but just appreciate sunshine all the more when it finally arrives. I wouldn't give up our beautiful greenery, snow-covered mountains, and plentiful rivers, lakes, streams, water-filled potholes... .
This morning I read in the Seattle Times that our governor declared a state of emergency due to the heavy rainfall. Now that made me laugh. A lot. Apparently many roads and railroad lines have washed out, but still...it seems rather extreme.
I would love it if we were able to get to 40 days and nights of rain. If that happens, I may just build myself an ark and float away. Don't worry, I'll send a postcard.
Saturday, January 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
It just began raining. I'd better start buying lumber.
can i come? i can be your other (dumber) half. i have entertainment value, at least!
someone in corporate communications up there once told me that she hated the rain because after 30 or so days of it, people up there couldn't look each other in the eye when they passed each other on the street. she claimed that everyone turned grey and stopped interacting. true?
i adore owls! so much so that i used one in the plotline of one of my books. fascinating creatures, in spite of the pellet thing.
and i agree with you on the rain. i love rain more than most californians, but there is such a thing as too much. if you need blueprints for the ark, i think i still have mine from when el nino hit san diego.
btw, i'm april's weird mom.
we never look each other in the eye to begin with... .
weird is so relative. you are welcome here any time.
Post a Comment