Thursday, December 29, 2005

narnia

I saw Narnia this evening and rather enjoyed it. I was hesitant to go, simply because I loved the books so much. I still have the copy I read in elementary school, complete with my name in kid-handwriting inside the front cover. The movie was rich in imagery and I am reminded of how strongly I connect with image, especially that of animals. It was quite nice to go to a movie and to enjoy it. I went with a couple of friends and we had a wonderful, rich conversation about the film and the topics that danced at its edges. It was all quite lovely. The popcorn was pretty good, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill and I saw this before he left and I enjoyed it, too. I must admit that I had not heard of it. Very well done.

Anonymous said...

I must see it again, no disappointments for me at all. I have a very fond attachment to the books. My copies went to my nieces (sans permission but glad they got them). I bought a new copy with illustrations to read again.

Anonymous said...

Yay, I haven't seen Narnia yet, but everyone that I've talked to absolutely raves about it...your review also makes me want to go and check it out.
Glad the popcorn was good....theatre popcorn is rarely good these days.

Ougrad said...

I have my copies from elementary school as well! We took notes in the books, so there are interesting facts that I wrote down - I'd never know those things on my own now!

I really enjoyed the movie.