Saturday, December 17, 2005

mmm, candy



As is customary, one of my vendors sent a holiday gift to thank us for our business this year. They chose a great gift—a selection of candy from the 70s, selected by Candy You Ate As a Kid. Included were Bottle Caps, wax lips, Bit o' Honey, Sugar Daddy, a candy necklace, Abba Zabba, Mike and Ikes, Boston Baked Beans, Lemonheads, Fun Dip, Bubbalicious, candy cigarettes and a gum cigar, Chick o Stick, Necco wafers, Pixie Stix, wax coke bottles, rootbeer barrels, Pop Rocks, Zotz, and more. The box of candy looked a lot like my Halloween haul from when I was a kid. I guess that's the point. I admit to daily sugar surges, though I am consuming in moderation. Hungry colleagues help, too. Nothing makes you feel old faster than when someone says, "What are Pop Rocks?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gwd they have Lik-M-Aid Fun Dip and Razzles...gllhhllhhhlll...

Anonymous said...

When we went to d-world last year we had a Pop Rock Martinee, was the coolest drink ever!

Anonymous said...

Hi pseyler: I came here looking for information on coolest kid in the world and found your post on this post. Although it's not quite the information I was looking for, I appreciate the chance to have a read. I'll definately be checking back in. I'm off to look for more resources for coolest kid in the world. If you have any more great suggestions, please post them here and I'll come back to check. Thanks again!