
This evening I found out that Judith isn't expected to live longer than a day or two. The world is unkind sometimes. When Judith found out that she had cancer a few years ago, she didn't drop everything to sail around the world. She didn't spend her money on European travel or posh restaurants. She didn't withdraw in order to focus on herself. What did she do? She enrolled in graduate school to become a therapist. She spent the last of her energy learning how to better help others. The first day I met Judith she said, "Don't feel sorry for me. Please don't see me as the woman with cancer." No worries, Judith. I will forever see you as nothing other than strong and courageous.

2 comments:
Wow. my prayers go out to you and Judith.
I admire her strength and attitude when she faced such a difficult time in her life.
Judith passed away this morning as the sun was coming up. Her husband was by her side and her spirit was in the hearts of many. She will be missed so very much.
Post a Comment