
At present, I am studying for comprehensive oral exams which I will be taking in exactly three weeks. I've just taken a break from my memorization of the various types of schizophrenia and their symptoms. Having just completed "Schizophrenia, Disorganized Type," I cannot help but ask, pray tell, what would the organized type look like?

3 comments:
I cannot help but ask, pray tell, what would the organized type look like?
Like this...?
"Perry searched for and finally discovered a regular pattern of imagery and ideation in the psychotic process. The “negative self-image” is typically be compensated by an “overblown” archetypal one, the latter manifesting in imagery such as that of the hero, clown, saint, ghost, or sovereign leader. In addition, there is a sense of “participating in some form of drama or ritual performance.” Most significantly, ten sets of motifs emerged:
- symbols of the center
- death
- return to beginnings
- cosmic conflict
- the threat of the opposite sex
- apotheosis
- sacred marriage
- new birth
- new society, and
- the quadrated world.
Source: The Far Side of Madness
gahh. Good luck with the studying!
you know me, and you still have to ask?
Post a Comment