

I went on a 35-mile bike ride today. Yes, I am amazing. That's beside the point, however. My friend and I were cruising along the Sammamish River Trail, an extension of the Burke-Gilman trail, and I hit my brakes pretty hard. I holler up to her "Chickens!" There were about a dozen wild chickens milling around the side of the trail. Some were near a line of parked cars, others were sitting under a tree on the grass. We heard a few roosters from the bushes as well. I was completely captivated. These weren't little white chickens, either. They were very colorful and had puffy tufts of feathers around their legs and necks. Now, that's not something you see everyday. But Googling around just now I discovered many articles that confirm that the chickens have been there about 10-20 years. Confirmation can be found here, here, and here.

2 comments:
Grilled chicken for dinner last night then Jennifer?
Let me just say, chickens aside, 35 miles IS AMAZING! Rock on.
Post a Comment