I recently scheduled a trip to Paris to visit a college friend and her family in August. I thought I'd see what Google Maps had to say about the best route to get there. I may forego their suggestion in favor of my current plan: get a ride to the airport, get on plane, fall asleep, wake up in Paris. But you can't say that Google doesn't have a sense of humor. Or perhaps they just have a lot of faith in my swimming abilities (see #18).
Start Seattle, WA
End Paris, France
Travel 6,663 mi (about 31 days 0 hours)
Start: Seattle, WA
Drive: 6,663 mi (about 31 days 0 hours)
1. Head northeast on James St toward 5th Ave 486 ft
2. Turn right at 6th Ave 463 ft
3. Take the ramp on the left onto I-90 E Passing through Idaho Entering Montana 824 mi 11 hours 37 mins
4. Take exit 456 to merge onto I-90 E toward Sheridan Partial toll road passing through Wyoming, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana Entering Ohio 1,586 mi 22 hours 58 mins
5. Take exit 142 for I-90 toward OH-2 E 1.3 mi 2 mins
6. Merge onto I-90 E Partial toll road 27.0 mi 27 mins
7. Take exit 170B for I-90 E/I-71 S/OH-176 S toward Cleveland/Columbus 0.7 mi 1 min
8. Merge onto I-90 E 17.2 mi 19 mins
9. Take the exit onto I-90 E toward Erie PA Partial toll road Passing through Pennsylvania Entering New York 448 mi 7 hours 0 mins
10. Continue on I-87 S/New York State Thruway S (signs for New York Thruway S/I-87 S/New York/Boston/Mass Pike) Toll road 14.6 mi 14 mins
11. Take exit 21A toward I-90 E/Mass Turnpike/Boston Toll road 0.9 mi 1 min
12. Merge onto New York State Thruway E Toll road 24.1 mi 22 mins
13. Continue on I-90 E/Mass Pike/Massachusetts Turnpike Partial toll road Entering Massachusetts 134 mi 2 hours 9 mins
14. Take exit 24 A-B-C on the left toward I-93 N/Concord NH/S Station/I-93 S/Quincy 0.4 mi 1 min
15. Merge onto Atlantic Ave 0.8 mi 3 mins
16. Turn right at Central St 0.1 mi
17. Turn right at Long Wharf 0.1 mi
18. Swim across the Atlantic Ocean 3,462 mi 29 days 0 hours
19. Slight right at E05 0.5 mi 2 mins
20. At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit onto E05/Pont Vauban 0.1 mi
21. Turn right at E05 Partial toll road 17.3 mi 22 mins
22. At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit onto A131/E05 heading to A131/Rouen/Paris/EvreuxPartial toll road 9.1 mi 8 mins
23. Take the exit onto A13/E05/L'Autoroute de Normandie Partial toll road 20.3 mi 17 mins
24. Take the exit onto A13/E05/L'Autoroute de Normandie Partial toll road 56.5 mi 47 mins
25. Take the exit on the left onto A14 toward Nanterre/La Défense Partial toll road 12.5 mi 16 mins
26. Slight right at N13 1.4 mi 3 mins
27. Turn right at Avenue de Neuilly/N13 269 ft
28. At the traffic circle, take the 4th exit onto Avenue de la Grande Armée 0.7 mi 3 mins
29. At Place Charles de Gaulle, take the 5th exit onto Avenue des Champs-Elysées 1.3 mi 3 mins
30. Slight right at Voie Georges Pompidou 1.4 mi 3 mins
31. Slight left to stay on Voie Georges Pompidou 440 ft
32. Slight right at Quai de la Mégisserie 377 ft
33. Continue on Quai de Gesvres 0.2 mi 1 min
34. Turn left at Place de l'Hôtel de Ville 194 ft
Arrive: Paris, France
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Pretty funny. I dont think the guy who just swam the Amazon could average 5 miles/day as Google suggests. And if you want to go to China do they tell you to dig? ;)
i just laughed my butt off.
So when do you have to leave to get there on time?
this is too funny :)
Post a Comment